Attention data centre and IT infrastructure professionals: What have you achieved over the last 12-24 months that your peers in the industry could learn from?
Today I’m officially putting out a ‘call for papers’ for the third Australian Data Centre Strategy Summit, to be held March 10-12, 2015 at the Gold Coast Marriott.
This year there are two central themes I’d like to explore, both based on feedback from our 2014 event:
- Connecting clouds - blueprints for tomorrow’s IT architects
- Information management - same old problem, new solutions
More specifically, I’m interested in hearing if you have had some success or can share your lessons in the areas of:
- Data centre migrations
- New cooling techniques (free air, geothermal etc)
- Efforts to reduce power consumption within your facilities
- Business resilience (especially cloud as a DR target)
- Community and hybrid clouds
- Cloud brokerage (especially network/access and identity management issues)
I’ll be announcing our first speakers in a few weeks time.