The Cost of Cloud Expertise report was developed by Rackspace to explore the importance of expertise to an organisation’s cloud evolution and the impact the current technical skills gap is having on businesses.
In collaboration with LSE academics and Vanson Bourne, we surveyed more than 950 IT decision makers and 950 IT pros from across the globe to better understand the barriers to increasing cloud usage, the impact this has on innovation and business growth, and the skills organisations require to compete in our technologically driven world.
- IT is stuck operating, not innovating
- The complexity of a multi-cloud world
- The true cost of cloud expertise
- Keeping pace with the speed of cloud
- Lack of cloud expertise: short-term
- Phenomenon or a long-term battle?
- Agility and the red queen problem
- Responding to the cloud expertise shortage
- Current perceptions of cloud expertise
- Recruiting to unlock the cloud’s potential
- Foreseeing the cloud skills of the future
- Split the IT function into separate streams
- Develop a cloud skills strategy
- Conduct a full assessment of the cloud ecosystem
- What future challenges does cloud technology pose?
- Emerging technologies and future expertise gaps
- Security the future of organisations
- Need for new strategies
- Tackling the cloud enterprise challenge
The Cost of Cloud Expertise report is a free download for iTnews subscribers.