Telstra outage as telco commits $50m to fix network

By on
Telstra outage as telco commits $50m to fix network

Customers complain of internet, mobile problems.

Telstra's east coast customers reported disruptions to their internet services this morning while the telco was announcing a $50 million investment to improve its mobile network after recent outages.

Reports began flooding in from the telco's broadband users across Queensland, NSW and Victoria, according to outage tracker Aussie Outages, from around 11:00am Monday morning.

Most of the complaints related to a lack of fibre and ADSL services, but the telco also received scattered reports from mobile and landline customers about disrupted services.

Telstra's service status page alerted ADSL customers in Queensland and 3G and 4G mobile customers in Sydney, NSW of current difficulties accessing their services.

The complaints arose as Telstra revealed it would spend $50 million to improve monitoring and capacity for its mobile network following three high-profile outages earlier this year.

"Yep its a big one. We monitor the WAN interface on routers for all of our customers and most of them are down. Seems to be effecting [sic] 4g data in some areas too.... Poor Telstra they have not had a good run of luck the last year or so," one Whirlpool user wrote.

A Telstra spokesperson said there was a fixed broadband issue impacting a "small number of customers" in Queensland due to a hardware fault. 

They said the outage lasted 30 minutes and the fault had now been rectified. However, customers continued to report disrupted services at the time of writing.

More to come

Copyright © iTnews.com.au . All rights reserved.
Tags:

Most Read Articles

Log In

Username:
Password:
|  Forgot your password?