Release of Telstra-NBN agreement in doubt

 

No commitment.

Telstra has cast fresh doubts over the anticipated release of its $11 billion heads of agreement with NBN Co in time for the telco's annual general meeting on Friday.

The telco had been expected by the Communications Minister Stephen Conroy to release the draft text of the agreement by November 19.

But Telstra has never formally commented on a release schedule – and time was running out for the alleged commitment to be met.

"Telstra has not committed to release the full draft agreement," a spokesman for the telco told iTnews today.

The telco has also pushed back the timeline to seek shareholder approval on the deal to "late June 2011", several months later than first anticipated.

Even without the release of the draft agreement, Friday was shaping as potentially a big day for the release of documents relating to the National Broadband Network.

Greens Senator Scott Ludlam has indicated his party will seek to force the Government to release the NBN Co business plan and the Government's response to the $25m NBN implementation study using Senate processes.

"We'll be demanding that the Minister [Stephen Conroy] table both of those documents before the end of this week," Ludlam told the ABC's AM program yesterday.

Copyright © iTnews.com.au . All rights reserved.


Release of Telstra-NBN agreement in doubt
 
 
 
Top Stories
Australia's digital crescendo
Barely unpacked from his move from Amsterdam, Southern Cross Austereo's new digital boss Vijay Solanki is looking for Australia's untapped potential.
 
Turnbull nabs UK govt digital guru as DTO chief
Inaugural CEO to lead change agenda.
 
NBN to offer TV connections through fibre for greenfields
Ditching aerials to come at a cost.
 
 
Sign up to receive iTnews email bulletins
   FOLLOW US...
Latest Comments
Polls
Is site blocking effective in stopping piracy?


   |   View results
Yes
  2%
 
No
  86%
 
Somewhat
  12%
TOTAL VOTES: 723

Vote