Entries for the 2018 awards are now closed. Finalists will be announced in early December.
Who can nominate?
Technology leaders and members of their IT staff or project teams within large end user organisations are welcome to nominate projects for consideration.
What are the award categories?
- BEST PROJECT - CONSUMER
Includes IT projects in FMCG, retail, tourism and hospitality.
- BEST PROJECT - EDUCATION
Includes IT projects in secondary and tertiary education (public and private) plus research facilities.
- BEST PROJECT - FINANCE AND LEGAL
Includes IT projects in banking, financial services, property and insurance.
- BEST PROJECT - HEALTHCARE
Includes IT projects in healthcare (public and private).
- BEST PROJECT - INDUSTRIAL
Includes IT projects in mining and resources, manufacturing, construction and transport.
- BEST PROJECT - FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Includes IT projects in the national public service.
- BEST PROJECT - STATE & LOCAL GOVERNMENT
Includes IT projects in state and local government.
- BEST PROJECT - UTILITIES/MEDIA
Includes IT projects in media, telecommunications, internet, gas and water.
- AUSTRALIAN TECHNOLOGY LEADER OF THE YEAR
Chosen from among the eight category winners.
- RISING STAR
This year we are also introducing a RISING STAR award to recognise more junior IT professionals who have demonstrated excellence in their field. This award is intended for those underneath the senior management level who have achieved notable success.
Who judges the Benchmark Awards?
Finalists in each category will be chosen by judging panels comprising iTnews’ award-winning editorial team and regular contributors. We also seek external advice from technical specialists and global CIOs as part of the process.
The finalists will be selected on the following criteria:
- The strength of the business case for the project.
- The project’s delivery – evidence of agility, creative applications of IT and competencies developed, whilst keeping within targeted scope, deadline and cost.
- Whether new ground was forged – in terms of innovation and new technologies or approaches, and how this risk was managed.
- Return on investment – anticipated or measured.
The ultimate Australian Technology Leader of the Year will be judged by iTnews’ CIO LinkedIn community after finalists have been announced.
CIOs and senior IT managers can apply here to join this group.
What does it cost to enter the Benchmark Awards?
All nominations are free.
When is the closing date?
Submissions will close on November 3 2017.
Announcement of finalists
Finalists will be unveiled on iTnews in early December.
Winners in each category will be announced at the CIO Edge summit held at Melbourne's Grand Hyatt on February 20 2018. The winners will be crowned surrounded by over 100 peer CIOs.
For questions or clarification, please contact the editorial team.