The man was arrested as he arrived in Sydney on a flight from Melbourne on Tuesday and has since been charged with use of a carriage service to menace.
NSW Police, with the assistance of international authorities and the NSW Department of Education had been conducting a number of inquiries in the lead up to the arrest.
A Police media spokesperson said the nature of the threat is yet to be disclosed in order to prevent copycats and the website used to post the threat has not yet been revealed.
North West Metro Region Commander, Assistant Commissioner Robert Redfern said: “Online threats of any nature are treated very seriously by police, and anyone who thinks they can hide anonymously behind a computer and make threats of violence is seriously mistaken as NSW Police can, and will, find anyone who breaks the law in cyberspace,” Redfern said.
“Any threat of violence against students or teachers is a serious breach of the law and will be treated accordingly.
The man has been refused bail and is due to appear in Waverley Local Court.
NSW man charged over alleged online school threat
By Negar Salek on Nov 13, 2007 5:17PM