No outage in data centre, says Primus

By on
No outage in data centre, says Primus

Primus Telecom has this morning angrily denied suggestions that its Melbourne data centre went down for up to eight hours on Saturday afternoon.

The telco, which experienced a major outage in February, reportedly lost mains power to its extension area just before 10.00am.

Two iTnews readers reported a loss of power to their equipment soon afterwards.

Power appeared to be restored between three and eight hours after initial reports filtered through to iTnews and to the broadband forum Whirlpool.

But the reports were angrily denied by Primus Telecom's chief executive Ravi Bhatia this morning.

"There were nine customers affected," Bhatia said, before blaming ongoing re-engineering of its data centre.

iTnews reported last month that Primus has been distributing the load from its existing King Street facility to an ‘extension' located across the road.

It is unclear whether Saturday's problems were a result of this migration.

Bhatia is expected to make a formal statement later today.

For the latest update on this story, click here.


Most Read Articles

Log In

|  Forgot your password?