Also announced were finalists in the Blue Riband Award, which recognizes the Best Security Company. This is considered the most prestigious of all the yearly awards.
In the Excellence Awards, the following solutions are recognized.
For Best Enterprise Security Solution, finalists include:
- Check Point Software Technologies – Check Point VPN-1 Pro
- Internet Security Systems – Proventia Intrusion Prevention
- McAfee Inc. – Entercept 5.0
- NetIQ – NetIQ Security Manager
- RSA Security – RSA ClearTrust
For Best Blended Security Solution, finalists include:
- Cisco Systems – Cisco Security Agent
- Fortinet – FortiGate Antivirus Firewall
- Internet Security Systems – Proventia Integrated Security Appliance
- McAfee Inc. – McAfee Threat Protection
- Websence Inc. – Websence Enterprise 5.2
For Managed Security Solution, finalists include:
- Internet Security Systems – ISS Managed Security Service
- LURHQ – Managed Security Services
- NetSec – NetSec Managed Security Services
- Ubizen – Ubizen Online Guardian Managed Security Service
For Best Small Business Security Solution, finalists include:
- Aventail Corporation - Aventail EX-750 SSL VPN Appliance
- Cisco Systems - Cisco 1800 Series Cisco 2800 Series and Cisco 3800 Series
- Cyberguard Corporation - SG Firewall/VPN Appliance Line
- Sophos - Sophos Small Business Suite
- WatchGuard - WatchGuard Firebox X
For Best SOHO Security, finalists include:
- Computer Associates - eTrust PestPatrol
- McAfee Inc. - VirusScan ASAP
- WatchGuard - WatchGuard Firebox X Edge
- Zone Labs - Zone Alarm Security Suite
The Principal Awards recognize the following solutions and companies.
For Best New Security Solution, finalists include:
- Adobe Systems – LiveCycle
- Check Point – Interspect
- Core Security - Core Impact
- GeoTrust – TrustWatch
- Sygate - Secure Enterprise
- Vernier - Adaptive Security
For Best Security Solution 2005, finalists include:
- AT&T - Internet Protect
- Bindview - Vulnerability Management Suite
- Borderware – Mxtreme
- Novell – iChain
- Tipping Point - Unity One
- Whole Security - Web Caller ID
Blue Riband Award finalists for Best Security company include:
- Computer Associates
- McAfee Inc.
- PGP Corporation
- RSA Security
- Trend Micro
In addition to these various categories, the SC Magazine Awards will also offer up industry winners for the Reader Trust Awards, the Professional Awards (CSO of the Year, Best Security Team, etc.), and the Editor-in-Chief's, U.S. Editor's and U.K. Editor's Awards.
Now in its ninth year, the SC Magazine Awards is known as the leading ceremony for recognizing technical and professional excellence in the infosecurity industry. The black-tie affair will be held in the U.S. for the first time in its history on Feb. 16 in conjunction with the RSA Conference in San Francisco, Calif.
Seats for the evening affair are being swooped up by leading information security players. To ensure you get a table, contact Jennifer Burke at email@example.com.
Copyright © SC Magazine, US edition
Processing registration... Please wait.
This process can take up to a minute to complete.
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address - SUPPLIED GOES EMAIL HERE. Please click on the link in the email to verify your email address. You need to verify your email before you can start posting.
If you do not receive your confirmation email within the next few minutes, it may be because the email has been captured by a junk mail filter. Please ensure you add the domain @itnews.com.au to your white-listed senders.