Networking giant Cisco has finally managed to gain control of enough shares in Tandberg to purchase the Norwegian videoconferencing firm outright.The US$3.4bn ($3.7bn) deal has been delayed several times as Tandberg shareholders held out for a better offer from Cisco.In mid-November Cisco raised its offer to the shareholders from US$3bn to US$3.4bn and extended the deadline to 1 December.This move went against the company's previous statement in early November when the firm's chief strategy officer Ned Hooper said, "We strongly believe our offer is a very good price for Tandberg shareholders."Earlier this week the networking giant said it had the backing of 84 percent of shareholders in the Norwegian company, but still needed six more percent to pass the 90 percent threshold needed to complete a takeover."As a result of additional acceptances registered today, Cisco hereby announces that approximately 99.8 million shares have been tendered, representing 89.1 percent of the outstanding shares in Tandberg,” the firm said in a statement.“In addition, Cisco has on November 18 and 20, 2009, purchased a total of 2,238,600 shares in Tandberg, corresponding to 2.0 percent of the outstanding and issued shares. The shares tendered, combined with shares owned, currently represent approximately 102 million shares, or approximately 91.1 percent of the shares and voting rights in Tandberg.”
Processing registration... Please wait.
This process can take up to a minute to complete.
A confirmation email has been sent to your email address - SUPPLIED GOES EMAIL HERE. Please click on the link in the email to verify your email address. You need to verify your email before you can start posting.
If you do not receive your confirmation email within the next few minutes, it may be because the email has been captured by a junk mail filter. Please ensure you add the domain @itnews.com.au to your white-listed senders.